Innovation and Entrepreneurship important for Norway
There is a difference between entrepreneurs/innovators from other people. Innovators and entrepreneurs have a vision and possess the ability to recognize opportunities and sometimes radical new solutions.
Henry Ford once said: ”If I had asked my customers what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse.”
An essential ingredient for an entrepreneur is also the willingness to take risks. A special set of fundamental skills is also crucial – such as the ability to get hold of the necessary resources.
I would like to share with you a few examples of excellent Norwegian innovators and entrepreneurs:
- In Norway, and indeed abroad, many people have heard of Opera Software ; who have developed the Opera web browsers.
- Moods of Norway is also an interesting example. They have succeeded in making coveralls/or “traktordress”es– from a small village in Norway popular in LA.
- Perhaps not so wellknown is Kebony, who are producing environmental friendly pressure impregnated woodwork for constructions.
- Aptomar, who have succeeded in developing new solution for safety offshore.
Kebony and Aptomar were rated as number one and two on Deloitte’s “Fast Fifty”- list of the fastest growing companies in Norway the last five years.
To predict the next radical innovation is almost impossible. And, what is certain – it is not governments who should take the credit.
But there are good reasons for us as policy makers, to create framework conditions under which innovative ideas can grow. Because:
- Entrepreneurs are crucial for economic growth, and for maintaining and further developing the welfare state.
- We know that new and innovative firms represent an increasing share of employment and production.
- Promoting entrepreneurship is therefore crucial for innovation and economic development.
This is the why innovation and entrepreneurship policy, is high on the agenda of the Norwegian government.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/dnb/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 399